Normal life after communal violence in Aurangabad

After the communal violence in Aurangabad, Maharashtra, the situation in Aurangabad was seen to be normal. In this violence, 2 people were killed and 45 others were injured due to stone pelting and petrol bomb.

The controversy over the tap connection in Motiranjana Mosque of Aurangabad is being cited as the reason for the violence. In this violence, the mob set 65 shops and 55 vehicles of both communities on fire. In view of the violence, Section 144 was imposed in the area and internet service was stopped. The incident occurred in the Gandhi Nagar area of ‚Äč‚ÄčAurangabad when people belonging to the minority community accused the municipal employees of discrimination and demanded that the water given in the temples be stopped. Due to this, a debate started between the 2 communities and this debate took the form of violence.

This news went viral on social media and the market of rumors in the entire city became hot. At 10 o’clock at night, stone pelting started in Aurangabad, which went on all night. Police reached the spot and tried to control the situation but by then similar incidents had started in Shahganj, Chelipora, Moti Karanja, Raja Bazaar and Roshan Gate areas.

The mob set fire to trains, shops and houses there. Petrol bombs were also thrown in this violence. The mob also threw stones at the police van present there, in which 10 policemen were injured. Soon another police force, reserve police force, ryot control force, rapid action force and 10 vehicles of fire brigade reached the spot. After the fire in a perfume shop, the old institute Ganesh Temple next to it also suffered a lot of damage. Police used teargas shells, lathicharge and also used plastic bullets to control the situation. Aurangabad Police Commissioner Milind Bharambe said on Saturday that the situation in the city is now under control. He also did not deny that the incident was a reaction to the incident at a fruit shop 4 days ago. In Shahganj 4 days ago, there was a fierce clash between two communities for returning mangoes at a fruit shop.

Leaders such as Mayor Nandkumar Godle, Shiv Sena District President Ambadas Dawne, MP Chandrakant Khaire and former MP Pradeep Jaiswal visited the affected areas. He appealed to the people to maintain peace. Along with this, Chandrakant Khaire also worshiped Ganesh temple on Saturday.

Disabled included in two dead

One of the two people killed in the violence was disabled. According to City Chowk police sources, the incident occurred at 5.30 am on Saturday morning after a mob set fire to a shop in Shahganj. Shop owner Jaganlal Babulal Bansile, 62, was sleeping inside the shop. He was incapable of body. People removed their relatives on the other side of the shop. An attempt was also made to remove Jaganlal from the shop but he could not be saved due to the fiery flames. He died on the spot.

Abdul Harun Qadri, 17, injured in police firing on Friday night. He was first admitted to the local clinic. Later on Saturday, he was admitted to Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH).

According to police, he was injured around 9.30 am. The remaining 45 injured were also admitted to GNCH, police said.

ACP, Inspector also involved in injured

About 10 policemen have been injured in stone pelting. Assistant Police Commissioner Govardhan Kolkar is hurt by a stone in his neck. He is badly injured.

He has been admitted to a private hospital. ACP (Crime) Rameshwar Thorat was also injured in the violence. City Outpost Police Station Inspector Hemmat Kadam and Shripad Parokari have also been admitted to the hospital.

Internet services interrupted

In order to get control of the rumors, the police have urged the telecom companies to stop internet service in the city. Reliance Jio’s mobile services were closed till 11 am, while the rest of the services have been shut for 48 hours from 2 pm, Bharambe said.

Rhetoric of politicians

Shiv Sena MP from Aurangabad Chandrakant Khaire said that the police had failed to control the violence. He said, Shiv Sena workers have been trying to get control of the atmosphere since Friday evening. He said that two out of three DCPs are on leave.

Khaire claimed that he had informed the Chief Minister around 3.30 in the morning. He also urged them to pay attention to it personally. Deepak Kesarkar, a minister in the Maharashtra government, took stock of the incident. He said that now the situation is under control.

Aurangabad East BJP MLA Atul Saway said that he had also informed the Chief Minister about the incident. The Chief Minister also assured him that additional police force would be sent to the spot. He said that the situation is under control after police action.

Samajwadi Party Maharashtra unit president Abu Azmi has visited the violence affected areas.